I don't really talk about it much, but I'm a sports radio junkie. I listen to the Sports Animal all the time it my car (or Jocks 930 if Traber makes me really mad). I get fired up about OU Practice Reports and Thunder updates and have considered being late to work a few times in order to go and meet the DJ's from the Morning Animal. I met Bob Barry Jr. this summer and was completely starstruck, I could barely speak to him.
My favorite moments on the Sports Animal usually have nothing to do with sports. When Steely tells stories about his ex-wife or Traber flips out on Jenni Carlson (again), those are the moments I love. One of the best moments on the Sports Animal happened a couple of years ago when Dean Blevins called in after having surgery. He was still pretty heavily medicated and what transpired next was pure radio gold. The Lost Ogle posted this the other day and reminded me how hilarious it was. Keep in mind that this was LIVE radio. Enjoy.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I remember when I found out you listen to Sports Animal. We were taking your car to go to C hill and you immediately changed the dial and I thought it was suspicious. So, you confessed your love of listening to the Sports Animal and I laughed my head off.
ReplyDeleteYou're such a well-rounded person. : )