Monday, March 30, 2009

Aloooooooha!

OK, I've fallen off the blogging wagon. I promise to do better. So, here's a few pics from my trip to the islands. I got really lucky and a family from Oakcrest needed some help watching their little ones while they were on vacation, so I got to go to help out. They ended up only really needed me a few hours a day. It was the most relaxing, wonderful week that I've had in a long time. I read more than I have since college. Finished my first Edith Wharton novel, re-read Persuasion by Jane Austen and countless other magazines and newspapers. It's a lot more fun to read when you're lying on the beach.


The Hawaiian people at our resort were fantastic. A lot of days I was on my own for most of the day, so I enjoyed getting to know some of them. The shuttle driver, the resort security, Starbucks employees, etc. They were curious about Oklahoma. Wanted to know what my teepee looked like. Only kidding. Sort of. One of them even got us free tickets to a glass bottom boat ride. It was really cool and perfect for the kids since they couldn't go snorkeling with their big brother and sister. We also went to a luau and had roasted pig, the whole shebang. It was great fun. But most importantly, Hawaii is GORGEOUS!


It was a great week off, but now it's back to work. Two weeks until state testing. Oh my. So much to do.

One more pic of the weekend. Moo-Moo, Nikki, Tekira, and Daqavious came over Saturday night. We went to see Monsters Vs. Aliens at the Warren. It was so cute. The little ones didn't know what to expect with 3-D and they were a little freaked out at first, but then loved it.
Tekira, Moo-Moo, Daqavious, and Nikki waiting in line for the movie

No comments:

Post a Comment