Monday, March 9, 2009

I can't sleep, so I'll blog instead...

How is it that I'm always more tired after a weekend? This weekend was pretty jam packed. I caught up on cleaning and school work, shopped for the Lighthouse/Capitol Hill, shopped for my Hawaii trip, and went to Spring Sing!!! Oh, Spring Sing. Someone made the comment when we were there, "Do you remember what it was like when this show was your whole life?" Wow. I hadn't really stopped to think about all the things that I miss about college. I just kind of hit the road and didn't look back. So get ready, I've got a top 10 list! Here are the top 10 things I miss about college:

1. Waking up every day after the sun has come up.

2. Having almost all of your close friends within walking distance.

3. Laughing with said friends until your cheeks and stomach hurt.

4. Spring Sing. Yep, I loved it. I loved the lock-ins, the glitter, working the crowd. It was awesome. And yes, Gamma won AGAIN this year! Let's go GAMMA RHO!

5. The Axis and the Nemesis Nine. If you know what I'm talking about, you know you miss it too.

6. Chapel. I know it sounds cheesy and yes, I know that I had 30 absences my last semester, but I don't have a chance to worship like that anymore. It was a blessing to have worship time every day.

7. IMing and e-mailing all day long. I feel so cut off from the world now that I don't sit at a computer all day.

8. Spring Break Mission trips. I had some of the best times on those trips. I made new friends, spent time with old friends, and had some great mission experiences. Inner city Memphis was my favorite. Not only did I learn things that I could bring back to OKC, but I got my dad to sing in front of the Downtown Church, which was fabulous.

9. Learning life lessons. College is a time when you are supposed to mess up and figure things out. (Right?) I messed up a lot and I feel like I'm a much better person for it. I'm glad I did all the dumb things I did and will now never do again. (Yeah, OK, so I'm still learning life lessons, but I learned a lot in college, so it counts)

10. Vienna. You knew it was coming. The most incredible 3 months of my life. I left the country a very timid, shy kid from the south side and came back a cultured world traveler with Hungarian bathing experience. OK, that's a little dramatic, but I loved every minute of my trip and everyone that went on my trip and I miss them and Europe more than I love TV (that's saying a lot). Enjoy our chapel video from our Vienna trip. 6 years ago! Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment