Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kick me when I'm down

It's happened again. My third stomach bug since school started. My mom warned me this would happen. This one hit during school. Let me tell ya, running back and forth to the bathroom really elicits sympathy from children. I had hugs, kids offering to carry me, kids actually trying to carry me, and sweet, heartfelt sayings such as, "I don't want you to leave us, Ms. G. Please don't be sick tomorrow, we won't make it without you." I'm planning on milking this as long as I can. I'll go back tomorrow, but I'll make sure they know that I'm still not feeling great. I may even feign dizziness and have to sit a few times. As long as they are quiet and listening, I'll do whatever it takes.

This is pretty much how it is to be a teacher. You see a kid come in wiping their nose or holding their stomach and it begins. You know it's coming your way next and since I'm going to Hawaii in a week and a half, I'm trying to steer clear of anything that will ruin my trip in any way possible. I do promise not to bash any kids over the head, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment