On Saturday, Annie had a choir concert, so Takiea, Daniel and I went to cheer her on. (I forgot my camera, so you'll just have to imagine her singing "Yakity Yak" and doing all the motions. She was great!) Then, the CHCC youth group had drama practice. Holly and I are directing this year, which is always lots of fun. I'm always so amazed by these kids talent! Next week is LTC, so I'll be sure to post some pictures and maybe a video of their performance.
After all that running around, I was ready to chill. I rented a bunch of movies to watch while I worked. Here's the rundown:
Happy-Go-Lucky: Fantastic British movie. Sally Hawkins stars as an elementary school teacher who is constantly happy. The movie goes through different situations that would probably make most people extremely angry or upset, but she remains joyful. I couldn't help thinking throughout the movie, what if her joy was due to her relationship with Jesus rather than simply a positive attitude. Imagine how much deeper her joy could have been. But, it was still an enjoyable movie. Well written and acted, I love Sally Hawkins. She was in the BBC's version of Persuasion this year, which was wonderful.
Today I taught the pre-school class at C.Hill. We talked about Jesus entering Jerusalem. Fabyan knew ALL of the answers! Angela, you would have been so proud. Once again, I forgot my camera. I did ask what city they were going to, though and Max wasn't paying attention, so he just shouted out, "God!" It's always a good guess.
I've got a little bit of work left, so thanks to Red Box, I've got more movies to watch. I've Loved You So Long, with Kristen Scott Thomas, and Australia, only because I'd seen pretty much every other new release. I'll let you know the verdict.

Can't believe it's LTC! Please tell the kids we'll be praying for them.
ReplyDeletewe just used Red Box for the first time this weekend - Bedtime Stories - it was too cute!