Then it was Monday. Oh, and Monday hit me like a ton of bricks. The kids were on fire this morning. We had two almost fights before we even got to the classroom. I heard later that there were a bunch of gang fights at Tinseltown over the weekend and we were still feeling the tension from those. Yeah, that's right, we have some kids in elementary school in gangs. Unfortunately, it's kind of a growing phenomenon. Younger kids can take the rap for things like running drugs that OG's can't afford to take. And, there's your gang education for the day. Ya'll didn't know that I knew what OG's were, did ya? It continued on like that pretty much all day. Sent a bunch of kids to the office. Pretty much a normal day.
But, then, there was a silver lining. One of my kids who has been struggling a lot lately made me a birthday card. He wrote and spelled himself (!!!), "Happy birthday. I go bananas." Now, that may sound silly to you, but it brought me to tears. We had been talking about idioms all week and he was having some trouble. He told me when he handed me the card, "I wrote you an idiom! It doesn't mean I'm a banana, it means I'm going crazy!" It was something so small, but he got it. And he knew at that moment that he could do something and be successful. And that's why I do what I do.
OK, here it is:
Best dressed
Marisa Tomei in Versace: Perfection.Runners up: Tina Fey (go girl!) and Meryl Streep (who always looks fabulous)
Now for the worst:
I hate to pick on Beyonce, but girl, that looks like a tablecloth. Runners up: Whoopi Goldberg (leopard print disaster) and Miley Cyrus (tried WAY too hard)
Oh, yipee! I'm so excited that you have a blog now! It will be great to keep up with your happenings this way.
ReplyDeleteLove the pic of Beyonce - it really wouldn't even be a cute tablecloth, would it? Sheesh!