It's great to have friends who love the same things that you do. When Angela and I moved in together (wow, it's been almost 3 years!), I wasn't sure what she and I would have in common. Turns out, she needed a part time job the first summer we lived together and Capitol Hill needed a part time intern. Things worked out perfectly (God's timing couldn't have been better). So, from then on, I not only had a roommate, but a dear friend who had a passion for ministry and a deep love for the children and people of Capitol Hill. I really think that having Capitol Hill in common brought us together more than anything else could have. God truly blessed me with a friend who could understand what was happening and could support me when I needed her. Sorry for the sappy post (I don't do sappy well), but there is a reason for it. A few months ago, in order to keep Angela in the loop about the happenings at CHill, I started a Friday e-mail with sweet pictures of the kids (I called it "It's Friday, I'm in love," after one of my favorite songs). I'm gonna start putting them here now, so I don't forget them either! Now all of you can see how wonderful the children at CHill are, too!
This is D. He is like the sunshine of my world. When he sees me and smiles, I melt. This precious child taught me more about love than I knew possible. This has to be how God feels for his children. His love is even stronger than mine, more than I can even imagine. Peace settles over me thinking that He loves me that much.

D and Mr. Milt
This is D. He is like the sunshine of my world. When he sees me and smiles, I melt. This precious child taught me more about love than I knew possible. This has to be how God feels for his children. His love is even stronger than mine, more than I can even imagine. Peace settles over me thinking that He loves me that much.

D and Mr. Milt
Awwwee, sweet memories. I got just as sappy reading that as I am sure you were writing it. 3 years ago! WOW! God's timing is perfect, you're right. And Mr. D. THE most beautiful child in the world. Highlight of every Friday is "It's Friday, and I'm in Love." Thanks for keeping the tradition rollin'.
ReplyDelete