Today was Wednesday, but all day I thought it was Thursday. What a wonderful realization when I figured out that the weekend was actually further away. Today was the state writing test for 5th graders. All of the kids told me that they followed my advice and got lots of rest and ate breakfast and were ready for the test. I sighed deeply and thought to myself, "This is going to be a great day! They actually listened!" The children were absolutely fabulous (or ab fab, great British comedy) for the duration of the writing test. It took almost 2 full hours and they were perfect little angels. The moment I opened the door, however, it was like opening the floodgates. Almost every child in my room lost their marbles. I'm talkin' screaming matches, a pushing fight, chewing on erasers and spitting them on each other, stealing, and throwing some of the worst temper tantrums I've ever witnessed. I bought cokes and cookies to reward them after their test, but guess what I'm munchin' on tonight. No party for children who behave like circus animals. Here's an example of how I might have reacted to some of the behavior problems...
By the end of the day it was just pure chaos and I think that my voice may have hit Liz Lemon register a couple of times before the children were released back into the wild. Let's face it, sometimes you just can't take it anymore (especially when some doofus steals your sandwich).
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment