Thursday, August 13, 2009

August

So, August has been kind of blur so far. I went to Altus to see my grandparents, then spent a few days dog-sitting for this guy:He asserted his dominance in the house by doing things like this, so I stopped giving him treats. Who's the boss, now, huh? I showed him.

These next pictures are for Nancy and anyone else who cares about my classroom.
My classroom progress, day 1: Reading corner: check.
Front wall: check.Other walls, not so much. We're getting there.

And just because. Sweet Tekira and Quavy. And lastly, a funny story about my boy, D. I took him the bathroom at church tonight and we went in the stall that locks and then sticks, trapping you inside. I worked at this place for like 4 years, but tonight that fact slipped my mind. D figured out that we were locked in and scooted his tiny, little body under the door, knowing full well that I was still trapped. He took off down the hall running and laughing at me and by the time I got out he was all the way down and around the corner. He turned and saw me and burst into a fit of giggles. Toddlers. I have to be at school at 5:30 in the morning for a trip to Tulsa, so I'm off to bed. Not sure why I stayed up this late.

1 comment:

  1. Gee, if you hadn't left so early this morning I'd have you come and finish the walls in MY classroom. Seriously though, I'm loving the reading corner in your room. Fabulous stuff.

    ReplyDelete